Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

James Michelsberg
James with VQ Centre Director John Bade

 

Tailor Made at VQ



Leeds based independent tailor James Michelsberg opens in VQ in June, further enhancing the great mix of stores in the centre.
Since first opening in the Calls area of the city in 2006, James has developed a growing reputation for bespoke clothing, adding subtle details that mark his garments out as something special. Speaking of his impending arrival in VQ, James commented,
“My business was born on the kitchen table and five years on we are setting up shop in the Victoria Quarter. Clothes have always been my passion and brands such as Paul Smith and Jefferey West have graced my wardrobe since my early twenties. How wonderful to now have them as my neighbours.
The opening party is on Thursday 23rd June and is thanks to my family, friends, customers, suppliers and journalists who have gone out of their way to support me throughout these early years. The next chapter begins...”
John Bade, VQ Centre Director added, “It’s always good to see local, independent businesses opening in the centre, and I think James will add greatly to our appeal.
I’m particularly pleased to see another independent in the centre and with stores such as L’Occitane and Wolford also arriving soon; it’s gratifying that brands, big and small, continue to invest in both VQ and Leeds in these challenging times.”
James Michelsberg Tailoring will open at 24a Queen Victoria Street above Kiehl’s on Thursday 23rd June.